If your pet gets into a toxic substance and is poisoned,
it is critical for you to act fast !
Better yet educate yourself on what to do in advance !
Animal Poison Control Phone Number:
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PET SWALLOWS POISON:
If you believe your pet has been exposed, eaten a poison or toxic substance,
the following list may help save your Persian cats life!
Act quickly !
Always be familiar with how to prevent and what to do . . .
Quickly remove your pet from the exposed area.
Very important to identify(to provide to ER/Vet) the poison
A quick cell phone photo, packaging ingredient labels, maybe even throw in a bag and take with you
Call a reputable veterinarian or the Animal Poison Control Center
Very important even if your pet is not showing symptoms
ER or Vet will ask:
Pet name, breed, DOB/age, female/male, past medical history, your Vet contact
Remember . . .
1. Prevention - cats get into drawers and cabinets - put these items in the garage or top cabinets or do not have at all !
2. Educate yourself in advance what to do if this happens
3. Have a Feline Emergency Center you know in advance the location, hours and if they can handle pets that are poisoned
4. Know where your pets are at all times !
5. Decided to have a baby sitter? Oh my!
You need to know that this person/persons will not know how to act quickly enough, nor to watch them as carefully as you are hoping
Another danger are swimming pools for Pets . . .
please prevent a Persian cat from falling into a swimming pool or bath tub!
You are their protector . . . don't disappoint the one that loves you !
They do too!
Your beloved Persian is poisoned !
What to do!